Tradewinds Credit Union and Community West Credit Union merged January 1, 2018.
Please continue using your online banking from Tradewinds website until the systems have fully integrated.
Important Merger Information:
- Account Number – Your account number will be adjusted as of July 14th.
- Personal Checks – You will be able to use your TCU checks indefinitely. CWCU will be assuming the routing and transit numbers for TCU. Checks ordered before July 14th will include your current account information. Checks ordered after July 14th will include your adjusted account number and CWCU’s routing and transit numbers.
- Debit/ATM/Credit Cards – A new CWCU MasterCard debit card or Visa credit card will be issued in July to replace your current cards.
- Direct Deposit/Social Security/Pension Payments – The transition for direct deposit, social security and pension payments will be seamless. You will see no difference and no action is required on your part.
- Shared Branching Network – You may continue to use your shared branching network without interruption until July 14th.
- CWCU Branch Transactions – From January 1st until July 14th, TCU members will be able to do basic transactions at any of the CWCU branches. These transactions are check/cash deposits, transfer money, loan payments, and cash withdrawals. Services not available will be corporate checks/money orders and loan requests.
WHY HAS TRADEWINDS CREDIT UNION CHOSEN TO MERGE?
For the past several years, it has become more and more challenging for small credit unions to maintain and keep up with advancements in digital technology and online banking services for their members. Many factors entered in to the decision to merge.
As we look to the future, combining forces will allow us to continue to provide you with new and innovative services. The partnership will enable the Credit Union to utilize benefits from the merger and return those benefits back to you in the form of low rate loans, better rates on savings, and increased services. In addition, there will be five additional branch locations for your convenience.