Are my accounts insured?
Community West is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). The NCUA insures up to $250,000 per account holder for each account ownership category (personal, IRA, Trust, etc.). For more information, please refer to our page Secured Money page.
What is the Community West routing number?
Our routing number is 272480995.
Where can I find my Community West account number?
1. Log into your Community West Mobile App
2. Click the ☰ in the bottom right of your screen
3. Select eStatements and choose the top statement
4. Your account number is labeled as your “Member #” in the upper right corner of the page
1. Log into Online Banking
2. Hover over the Member Services tab and select eStatements
3. Select Account Statements
4. Choose the most recent statement
5. Your account number is labeled as your “Member #” in the upper right corner of the page
Your account number is labeled as your “Member #” in the upper right corner of the page.
Your account number is the number on the lower right of the card.
How can I pay a loan I have with Community West?
Our current loan payment options include the following:
- Transfer funds from your Community West savings/checking account through online banking or set up an auto funds transfer (AFT).
- Set up Direct Deposit (i.e., from your employer or social security) into your Community West account.
- Reach out to your other financial institution to set up a Bill Pay to send funds to your Community West loan (one-time or recurring). Please provide them with your Community West account number, routing number (272480995), and billing address (Community West Credit Union, PO Box 8069, Kentwood, MI 49518-8069).
- Make a deposit at any Community West branch location or after-hours night drop.
- Make a deposit at a shared branch location. View the full list of shared branching locations near you. Please note that you need your picture ID and Community West account number to use shared branching.
- Mail a check to Community West Credit Union, PO Box 8069, Kentwood, MI 49518-8069 · ATM deposit into your Community West account. Visit our ATM Locator to find a location near you.
- Click on the ‘Pay My Loan‘ button at the top of our website to make payment with a debit/credit card (a 3.75% convenience fee applies)
- Call us at 616-261-5657 to make your loan payment with a debit/credit card or with your other financial institution’s account number and routing number (a 3.75% convenience fee applies).
How to add/remove a joint owner?
To add a joint owner, all existing owners, plus the new joint owner, must individually come to a branch with valid IDs to sign a new membership form. For your convenience, your whole party does not have to be present at once to sign a new membership form. To remove a joint owner, the joint owner must come and sign off at a branch; the primary owner cannot remove the joint owner.
How do I add/remove a beneficiary?
To add or remove a beneficiary, all account owners must individually come to a branch to sign a new Add/Remove Beneficiary form. When adding a new beneficiary, you must provide the beneficiary’s social security number, legal name, date of birth, address, and contact number. For your convenience, your whole party does not have to be present at once to sign a new beneficiary form.
How can I transfer money from my other bank to Community West Credit Union?
This type of transfer will need to be initiated from your other financial institution to send funds to your Community West account. Please call your other financial institution or log into their online banking system to set up a Bill Pay. You will need your Community West account number and routing number (272480995) and our billing address (Community West Credit Union, PO Box 8069, Kentwood, MI 49518-8069).
There may be other options, such as wire transfers, shared branching transfers, or withdrawing/depositing a cashier’s check or personal check. Call us at 616-261-5657 for more information.
How can I see when I am going to receive an ACH Deposit?
You may log into your Community West online banking, click on the Member Services tab, then click “ACH Transactions.” You will see pending and posted ACH transactions there. Please note that if you do not see the ACH deposit, we haven’t received it yet. You can also set up ACH eAlerts through your online banking by clicking “More” then “eAlert Subscriptions,” so you will be notified when an ACH comes through.
- What is a pending ACH deposit? Sometimes merchants/employers send a deposit through early, with a later effective posting date. You will be able to see the amount and the expected date of deposit.
- What if the merchant/employer sends the deposit as a same-day deposit? In this case, you may not see it pending beforehand, but it should be posted to the account as soon as we receive it on the effective date.
I forgot my online banking password. What do I do?
If you are unsure of your password, please click on the online banking “Login” button and then “forgot password.” You will be asked security questions to reset your password. The account will be locked if there have been three incorrect password attempts. If this happens, please call us at 616-261-5657, and we can reset your login password.
What are your current rates?
You can view current rates.
How do I send a wire transfer from my Community West account?
How do I send a wire to my Community West account?
Call us at 616-261-5657, and we will provide wire-in instructions.
Why do checks have to be deposited into an account before being cashed?
When cashing a check, a record on the member’s account is required that a check was received and processed. Depositing a check and withdrawing the total amount provides documentation that the check was cashed with Community West Credit Union.
Where can I find a shared branch to do my banking?
We are part of the extensive CO-OP shared branching, ATM, and the Xtend Shared Branching networks. Click here to locate a shared branch or ATM near you. Remember that you need your picture ID and Community West account number to use a shared branch.
What is the $3.00 security fee that I see on my statements?
The $3.00 security fee is your enrollment in IDProtect, an identity monitoring and protection service. Plus, you can also check your official credit report every 90 days. Visit our Fraud Protection page for more information and to take full advantage of this service.
What are CWPERKS, and how do I use them?
CWPERKS are points earned each month based on your products and services with Community West. The more products and services you have, the more points you earn! You can view how many CWPERKS you have by looking at your statement or logging into your online banking under the “Member Services” tab. You can redeem your points for various items (such as a free box of checks, a fee reversal, or items such as a coffee tumbler or shopping tote. Check out CWPerks for a complete list of redemption items and a submission form to redeem points!
How do I submit a check through the mobile app?
To utilize Mobile Check Deposit, you must first register through our mobile app by logging in, selecting the Deposit icon at the bottom of the screen, and selecting “Register.” You will either be approved within 24 to 48 hours or receive an email about why you are not approved. Once approved, select the Deposit icon and follow the instructions.
Do I have a limit on my debit card?
How do I view my credit card activity online?
Your credit card information is available through online banking or the CWCU Cards Mobile App. You can see your balance, recent purchases, payment information, and make a payment. To view your credit card activity, download the app here or log into online or mobile banking. Select your credit card, click: Manage My Card, and then click: Go To PSCU Card Management. For assistance, contact us online or by phone.
How do I dispute a debit card transaction on my account?
If an incorrect or unauthorized transaction is posted to your account, you must attempt to resolve the error with the merchant first. If you cannot reach the merchant or they cannot help you, you can file a dispute with Community West. If the charge in question is fraudulent or unauthorized, you are required to close your card and have a new card issued to avoid future charges from that merchant. To dispute a debit card transaction, you must complete a Debit Dispute Form. The form is available in online banking, the mobile app, at any Community West branch, or by calling 616-261-5757. If you have any questions regarding a charge, don’t hesitate to contact us.
How do I dispute a credit card transaction on my account?
If an incorrect or unauthorized transaction is posted to your account, you must attempt to resolve the error with the merchant first. If you cannot reach the merchant or they cannot help you, you can file a dispute with Community West. If the charge in question is fraudulent or unauthorized, you are required to close your card and have a new card issued to avoid future charges from that merchant. To dispute a credit card transaction, contact Cardholder Services at 866-820-5878 or log into online or mobile banking to access credit card management.
How do I activate a credit or debit card and create a PIN?
To activate and set a PIN for your credit or debit card, call from the phone number on file with your Community West account. Once you have activated your card, stay on the line to set a 4-digit PIN.
For credit card activation, call: 800-631-3197
For debit card activation, call: 866-985-2273
How do I notify the credit union of travel plans?
You can submit a travel notification through the CWCU Cards Mobile App, online banking, calling 616-261-5657, or stopping at a branch. To submit through online banking, select the Member Services tab, then select Travel Notification in the bottom right corner.
How do I report my credit or debit card as lost or stolen?
If you believe you have temporarily misplaced your debit or credit card, you can “lock” your card using the lock feature in online banking or the CWCU Cards Mobile App. This feature is accessible by pressing the green lock icon on the image of your card inside the app. Once you find your card, you can “unlock” the card by pressing the red lock icon on the image of your card.
To report a lost or stolen debit card or credit card, call 1-866-820-5878. You may also report your card lost or stolen using the CWCU Cards Mobile App.