Alert! Fraud is impacting members
Published November 28, 2023
Fraudsters are calling members stating they are from Community West Credit Union asking to verify debit and credit card fraud. These scams are asking for specific account information that CWCU would never ask for. Please do not provide anyone with this information; instead, contact us directly.
This is a friendly reminder that Community West employees or card security services will never ask you to verify the following information:
- Personal Information, including: member number, date of birth, and social security number
- Full debit or credit card numbers or PIN
- Online/Mobile banking credentials
- A one-time verification code or link that was sent
- “Test” transactions that you did not complete as legitimate
It is best to end all communication if you receive a call, text, or email asking any of these questions. Instead, contact us directly at 616.261.5657 to assist or review any account concerns. If you feel you’ve been compromised, change passwords for online/mobile banking and call us immediately.