Easy is my favorite meal, so we’re sharing 5 meals that use 5 ingredients or less! Most of these meals you can prep, throw together and forget about until it’s time to eat.
Note: Any necessary spices are not included in the 5 ingredients for each meal.
Tuna (or Chicken) Noodle Casserole
- Egg Noodles (16 oz. bag)
- Tuna or Chicken (3 small cans)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (2 cups – save half to sprinkle on top)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (10½ oz. can)
- Milk (fill the Cream of Mushroom can halfway – my kind of measuring)
- Optional (but highly recommended) – Crushed crackers or potato chips to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Boil noodles on the stove until tender
- While noodles are boiling, mix tuna, cream of mushroom, milk, and 1 cup of cheese in a casserole dish
- Once the noodles are done, drain water, and add noodles to the casserole dish
- Mix the ingredients until evenly distributed
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly on top
- Place casserole in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until center is warm
- If using crackers or chips, sprinkle on top of the dish during the last ten minutes
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Burrito Shells (8 total)
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (3 – 4)
- Salsa (16 oz. jar)
- Black Beans (1 can)
- Shredded Cheese (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 425º F
- Pour a layer of salsa into a 9×13 glass dish
- Place raw chicken breasts over salsa then pour the remaining salsa on top of the chicken. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165º F.
- Once done, shred chicken and mix with black beans in a bowl
- Divide the chicken and beans onto 8 burrito shells, then roll and place in the same 9×13 glass dish. There will be salsa leftover – this creates your sauce.
- Once you have rolled the burrito shells and placed in the glass dish, pour the leftover salsa/sauce over the rolled enchiladas
- Sprinkle with cheese and pop in the oven until melted!
Two-Ingredient Pizza Dough
- Self-Rising Flour (1 cup)
- Greek Yogurt (1 cup)
- Cheese of your Choice (no limits on cheese!)
- Marinara Sauce (1/2 cup)
- Your Favorite Topping!
- Preheat oven to 425º F
- In a medium bowl, mix together greek yogurt and flour with a fork until fully mixed. If the dough seems too sticky, add a tablespoon of flour at a time. There is no need to let the dough sit or rise before rolling out.
- Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough until you’ve achieved your desired thickness
- Spray a dark baking sheet with oil and place pizza dough on the baking sheet
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the marinara sauce on the dough
- Sprinkle on the cheese and desired pizza toppings
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the bottom of the crust is slightly crispy and cheese has fully melted. Baking times may vary based on oven and pizza thickness.
- Let cool and enjoy warm!
Philly Cheesesteak Peppers
- Red Peppers (3)
- Yellow Onion (1)
- Steak (or chicken for a more budget-friendly option!) (1 lb.)
- Provolone Cheese (6 slices)
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Cut red peppers in half, brush with olive oil, and place on a baking sheet
- Cook peppers for 10 – 15 minutes to soften
- Slice the onion and meat and combine in a pan. Cook on the stove on medium heat until internal temperature reaches 165º F.
- Once the mixture is done, pull the peppers from the oven. Distribute the mixture evenly between the 6 pepper halves.
- Place 1 cheese slice on each pepper
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are tender
- Enjoy warm! Serve the dish alone or with a side of rice.
Crockpot Mushroom Chicken
- Onion (1 small)
- Mushrooms (8 oz. – canned works too!)
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth (1 cup)
- Orzo Pasta (1 cup uncooked)
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (1.5 lbs.)
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
- Garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Paprika (1/2 teaspoon)
- Place chicken in a slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Chop onion and mushrooms and transfer to the slow cooker
- Add your spices and chicken broth to the slow cooker, and stir gently
- Cook on low for 4 – 5 hours or on high for 2 – 2½ hours
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add orzo and cook for 15 – 20 minutes. Make sure the orzo is in contact with the chicken broth.
- Once the orzo is tender, it’s time to eat! If you have grated parmesan cheese, sprinkle on top for a little extra flavor.